Nepal Gold and Silver Dealers' Association ( NEGOSIDA) was formed in 1987 AD (i.e. 2044 B.S.) in Kathmandu considering the need of strong platform to safeguard and promote the rights and interests of Gold and Silver dealers community. With the passing of time, it has become an apex body of Jewellers community of the country with 32 district level branches.
NEGOSIDA is representative organization of Neplease Jewellers . It is a non-govermental, non politcal, non profit making, autonumous and service-oriented organization. NEGOSIDA has made significant role that help strengthen the economic development of the nation.
NEGOSIDA has been active ever since its inception in achieving following objectives
- Safe guard and promote the interests, rights and priviledges of its members and Jewellery community.
- Maintain professional unity and co-operation among Nepalese Jewellers.
- Strengthen national economy through local, national and International gem and jewellery trade .
- Enhance capability of its member Jewellers through providing trainings, seminars, workshops, interactions, jewellery exhibitions and observation tours .
- Hallmarking of gold and silver Jewelleries for the benifit and safeguard of customers. Also, to protect consumer trust in Nepalese gold and silver jewelleries.
- Maintain standard (Applied) Gold and silver rate all over the country every day .
- Preserve and enhance the traditional Nepalese Jewellery identity and its skill . Also expose it to international arena .
- Support to produce skill man power for jewellery industries and help promote local employment .
- Forward remarks and recommendation on the policy matters, acts and bylaws, plans and programs related to gems and jewelleries .
- Perform social and public - welfare activities .